Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Well Hello There

So I randomly decided to start a blog as a place to document our progress on our first house.  Partially for those friends/family members who aren't local and who can't just pop over and see our progress (or those who are too lazy to), and partially just for us to be able to process and reflect on all our hard work, and to be able to go back in time to see where we started and revel in our epic home improvement abilities (right). So read it, don't read it, love it, hate it, I don't really care. It's mostly just for us, but if someone else gets their jollies off reading about our house, or is in a similar place in life and wants to get ideas and learn from our successes and failures, then I'm on board with that and welcome. :)

We've been in our house for about 6 months now, and have already tackled a fair amount. I'll try to document some of the things we've already done, and catch everyone up, and then move forward documenting projects yet to be tackled.

Oh and in case you were curious about the title of this blog, it's pretty simple - I'm an idiot when it comes to home improvement and DIY.  I am learning along the way and making lots of mistakes along the way, as well. So just be forewarned, Martha Stewart I am not. I rarely complete a project in one shot. For example, a couple weeks ago I tried to install a simple door stop and totally messed it up, drilling holes in the wrong place and ending up with 2 extra holes in the door. Luckily they are at about toe-height so only our eight legged friends will notice (and they're pretty nonjudgmental so I feel okay about that).

To start us off, here's a simple snapshot of Phil (Mr. Idiot) and I posing in front of our new home on our closing day this past May.
Thanks for stopping by, see you soon!

1 comment: