Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Soap, Soap, Baby

So every once in a while I try to look at my blog from an objective outsider's perspective... Based on my last post, wow. Homeownership sure does seem pretty lame sometimes. I mean, I wrote an entire post about organizing cleaning supplies, hello. Oh well, I guess if you're gonna own in you've gotta just own it! (Get it?!) At least I haven't lost my razor-sharp wit along the way.

Anywhos, I recently checked off another small project off the 'ol to-do list. I had seen many different versions of "mason-jar soap dispensers" all over Pinterest, and I decided to try my hand at one. 

 Voila!
Kapowie!

 
It was a ridiculously easy project, actually. I used a salsa jar (sans label) we had used to, you know, eat salsa out of, and started by poking lots of holes in the center of the lid with a tiny screwdriver. Once there were enough tiny holes, I merged them to make one big hole, just big enough for the pump to fit through. I spray painted the lid a navy blue, and left the pump au naturale (I heard that painting the pump is not the best idea because the paint inevitably scratches off as you pump). I also left the jar naked for now, as you can see, but might paint that down the line as well. 

So there you have it! I recommend this project to anyone who tends to D-I-Fail, as it was super easy and kind of idiot proof. AND, if you have a jar, a hand soap pump, and paint (which is actually completely optional), this project can be 100% free! Who doesn't like free?! I plan to make another for our main floor bath room whenever we get around to re-doing that sucker. In the meantime, I've become a jar hoarder. Oh well, there are worse things I could hoard. Until next time, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment